To navigate the slide show above, simply mouseover the bottom of the photo in the main window, for a control panel.
SOLD: MULTIPLE OFFERS, > $300,000 OVER ASKING!
Rare Heritage District Opportunity
A GARDEN OF EDEN, smack dab in the middle of Silicon Valley? When you stroll through this bright and sunny updated property, encircled by a charming white picket fence and brimming with lush vegetation—including fruit trees (fig, nectarine, peach & plum) and fruit plants (blueberries, raspberries & strawberries)—you may well feel yourself transported to a heavenly place of near biblical bliss. The front and back yard landscaping is certainly reminiscent of paradise, complete with a (pink lady) apple tree. But fear not: there are no serpents.
Here, in your personal, private paradise, shielded by majestic magnolias, you will enjoy all the conveniences of modern-day living, including easy access to numerous nearby amenities, within walking/biking distance to dynamic downtown Sunnyvale. Not only will you enjoy living here from day one but with the upcoming "CityLine Sunnyvale" construction project (see links at right), new nearby Apple campus and thriving high-tech giants in the vicinity (Facebook, Google and others)—in combination with Sunnyvale's various other development projects and nearby new residential construction—the potential for appreciation will be excellent.
Check out the property highlights list below, to review what 498 Vine Ave. has to offer.
• 3BD/1BA bright, updated 1943 vintage single-family home
• NO association or neighborhood dues of any kind
• Interior square footage of 979, with no wasted space
• 5,000 square-foot secluded corner lot
• Several magnificent trees keep home cool and private
° Elderberry, liquidamber and majestic magnolia
• Newer roofs/gutters (house—2011 and garage—2012)
• Open floor plan—convenient and flowing
• Central air conditioning (AC) and heating + 3 ceiling fans
• Original oak floors throughout (except newer one in kitchen)
• Custom closets (Elfa hardware and shelves) in two bedrooms
• Dual-pane windows and all-copper piping
• Whole-house single-stage water filter
• Whole-house attic fan and pull-down ladder to attic
• Dual-sink bathroom with Travertine tile
• Bathroom includes venting skylight and corner cabinet
• High-efficiency washer/dryer in large, two-car garage
• Elegant crown moulding throughout home
• New denim insulation attic offers extra storage space
• Gourmet granite kitchen with island features ...
° environmentally friendly tube skylight
° handsome stainless steel appliances, including
° brand new—never used—Cosmo convection oven
° stylish and efficient Bosch cooktop and dishwasher
° 25-cubic-foot Whirlpool fridge (get water and ice from door)
• Back yard features covered patio and redwood deck
° Ideal for entertaining and for watching sunsets
• Front and backyard wildlife is a bird lover's delight ...
° Anna's hummingbirds, barn owls, black phoebes, bushtits
° California towhees, chickadees, Cooper's hawks
° hooded orioles, house finches, monk parakeets
° morning doves, Nuttal's woodpeckers, (common) ravens
° sparrows (house, golden-crowned and white-crowned)
° Western bluebirds and other entertaining species
° Relax to the pleasant sounds of the original tweeters!
• Low-water front yard, featuring hardy California natives
• Back yard includes raised beds for veggies and flowers
• Numerous Garden-of-Eden fruit trees and bushes/plants
° Apple, blueberry, fig, nectarine, peach, plum and raspberry
• Easy walk to numerous shops and restaurants
• Walking distance to forthcoming (2019) CityLine Sunnyvale
° featuring Whole Foods Market and multiplex movie theater
• CVS, Home Depot, Macy's, Safeway and Target nearby
• 5-minute drive to public library, community center, US P.O.
• Quality schools:
° Ellis Elementary (2013 API: 833)
° Sunnyvale Middle (2013 API: 866)
° Fremont High School (2013 API: 767)
• Excellent public transportation (walking distance to Cal-Train)
• Centrally located, with easy access to 82, 85, 101, 237 & 280
• Close to new Apple campus, Google & many other companies
° Home, termite, preliminary title and environmental reports
Get your Audubon Bird Guide
ready, to identify the melodious and mellifluous birdsongs of the numerous species that will serenade you throughout your day, as you take a break from the high-tech Twitter world, savoring the best kinds of tweets that nature has to offer.
Join the Nextdoor neighborhood association (see link at right) and revel in the intimate community atmosphere of a neighborhood boasting one of the highest resident educational levels of Silicon Valley cities. In short, enjoy all the conveniences of urban living, while nestled in a quiet, almost country-like, enclave.
There's nothing like this currently on the market and there likely will not be again, for at least some time to come. Better hurry to have a look, as this opportunity surely won't last long! (And, indeed, it did not.)
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Buyers are advised to thoroughly investigate and confirm everything to their complete satisfaction. Public school assignments should be confirmed directly with school districts.